You can install the BlueStacks App Player on Windows XP (32-bit only) installations as long as the following requirements are fulfilled:
- You must be an Administrator on your PC.
- Your PC must have Service Pack 3 (SP3), or higher, installed. (You can install it through Windows Update)
- Your PC must have Windows installer 4.5 installed. (You can download it from http://download.microsoft.com/downloa... )
- Your PC must have .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, (You can download it from http://download.microsoft.com/downloa... )
- Your PC must have 2GB of RAM/main memory. (Note that having 2GB or more disk space is not a substitute for RAM)
- Your PC must have 4GB of disk space available for storing Android apps / games and their data.
- The drivers for your PC's graphics drivers should be updated for compatibility with BlueStacks as described in the following post
The App Player is nominally installed in the same drive where Windows is installed, usually C:\. However, during installation, you may choose to have all of the apps/data located on another drive.
We do not recommend installing the BlueStacks App Player if you have a virtual machine, e.g., Microsoft Virtual PC, VMWare Workstation, or Oracle Virtualbox, installed on the same PC.
Please note that BlueStacks is incompatible with BitDefender, you can install any one but not both of them on the same PC.